Marine terminal operators at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are reporting that most import cargo is being properly claimed using PortCheck. However, export cargo is experiencing delays.
Cargo must be claimed with PortCheck. “Exporters” are urged to claim their cargo with PortCheck to avoid delays and being turned away at the gate.
Follow these steps to claim your “Export” cargo with PortCheck:
- Claim your export cargo online at PortCheck.
- Log onto your account and “Enter PortCheck”.
- Select “Export” on the top menu bar.
- Input the booking numbers you want to claim in the booking# field and hit “submit”.
- The “Search/Upload Confirmation page will display your bookings that can be claimed or those not eligible to be claimed. Click “claimed” for bookings that need to be claimed.
- Once cargo is claimed you will be taken to the “Claim List” that will show the cargo that the Clean Truck Fee (CTF) will be applied once the cargo moves through the marine container terminal .
- Click “Pay” and select the online payment type. Select “Submit Payment”. Containers can be selected and paid individually or in groups.
- You will receive reimbursement for any cargo exempt from the CTF.
There is no “Grace Period” for loaded containers to be released without paying the CTF.
Import containers can be identified by the bill of lading or container number. Export containers are identified by booking numbers.
PortCheck customer service numbers:
1-877-863-3310 (from inside the United States)
1-801-559-8078 (from outside the United States)