The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) will hold its 2009 Annual Conference, April 21-25th, 2009 at the La Quinta Resort and Conference Center, La Quinta, California. More than 600 members are expected to attend.
The SC&RA is an international trade association of more than 1300 members from 43 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting, crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental.
Safety and best business practices are a mainstay of the organization.
Highlights of the Conference include the following:
* Products Fair with 56 exhibitors
* Rigging & Hauling Jobs of the Year Competitions
* Annual Awards & Recognition Dinner
* SC&R Foundations Fire & Ice Biker-themed Gala
* Golf, tennis and fun run/walk events
* President’s reception
* Receptions for International members, first-time attendees and spouses
Educational Sessions include the following:
* Redesigning our future: The Business of Nature, speaker Jean-Michel Cousteau
* You Can Make a Difference, speaker Terry Bowden
* Thriving in a High Performance Environment, speaker Derek Daly
* It’s All About the Economy, speaker Dr. Peter Ruane, President & CEO, American Road & Transporation Builders Association